|Product Store||New Releases||Collectors Club||Art of Don Troiani||Hudson & Allen Studio||History, Resources and Films||Shows and Events|
AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER ONLY
Formed as an elite and fully mechanized division in 1943 from various training and demonstration troops stationed in Germany, the 130th Panzer Division was often referred to as the Lehr Division (lehr: teaching in German). It was severely mauled in Normandy and by the fall of 1944 was withdrawn to be refitted for the doomed Ardennes offensive. After the failure in the Ardennes, the division was refitted once again, although the Panzer Lehr of early 1945 bore little resemblance to that of June 1944. On 7 March 1945, the U.S. 9th Armored Division seized the Ludendorff Bridge at Remagen; the Panzer Lehr spearheaded the unsuccessful counterattack. By 15 April the division was so reduced by Allied ground and air superiority that it was forced to surrender.